Monday, February 7, 2011

I need your help ...

I have an absolutely amazing dream for this coming summer ... 

I really want to go to prison.

Matthew 25:36 " ... I was in prison and you came to me."






Oh, that may not be the best way to phrase that. What I mean is that I have a strong desire to attend a certain Summer Project as and Intern that happens to be located in Seattle, WA and targets inner city ministry. Part of this is going into prisons and meeting the needs of impoverished people around us. 

I have yet to hear back if I've been officially accepted or not, although I'm fairly sure I'll make it. But regardless of my certainty in making it to the "Attending" list, I am becoming increasingly nervous about the work we will be doing this summer and just thinking about raising the $2,900 to be able to go is a tad stressful. 

I am asking for your prayers with me on this. I know I am supposed to go on this Summer Project. I am confident that God has led me to this point and is urging me to continue forward in this journey. 

Will you walk with me?? 

I need people to stand with me in prayer as I approach this new bend in the road. We never travel alone and I am inviting you to come with me. Come with me on this adventure. Learn and grow with me. 

I'll keep you posted on any developments as the summer gets ever closer and passes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment