Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Who Needs Pride??

I posted this on Facebook on July 6th, 2011:
Here's the deal ... 
I'm committing a sin ... right ... now ...
Yup.
The Bible says, "DO NOT COVET", but I'm actually doing that at this very moment.
I am coveting after your prayers.

I have been in pain for the past 10 days and have been to see several different doctors and have had to step down from my Summer Staff position with Campus Crusade for Christ [hopefully temporarily] only halfway through the project. My knees have become so swollen that I can see ripples down my leg from where the fluid is building up inside and causing such great amounts of pressure. So, everything from mid-thigh down is swollen and I am barely able to walk.

I'm asking for your prayers for rapid healing and an answer tomorrow morning about a remedy for this and to lift up my Summer Project as well. I hate having to be at home while they get to serve Seattle without me.

God is good if I can walk or not.

I posted this on Facebook on July 7th, 2011:
*UPDATE* July 7th, 2011
My parents took me to the orthopedics office this morning for a follow up appointment for my MRI and X-ray results. After much poking and prodding [and crying on my end], it was revealed that my knees are healthy.

Honestly, I was a tad disappointed.

But what's causing so much swelling and discomfort can only be described as this:
When a Bakers Cyst has no where to go in the back of your knee anymore, it sends out small shoots to find more space to be inflamed. Just by looking at an MRI, those cysts look really small, just larger than jelly beans. But when they don't belong in a joint, there's a whole lot of pain that comes along with them.

So, rather than the doctor fishing around blindly and maybe being able to aspirate [drain] the fluid from these cysts, he decided to inject the left knee with cortisone to help in speeding up the healing process.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aspiration
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cortisone-shots/MY00268

So now, we wait. I should start to feel the effects of the cortisone within the next 12 hours and I'm expecting to be able to rejoin my Summer Project in Seattle for the last week.

Thank you for your continued prayers!
I posted this on Facebook on July 12th, 2011:
*UPDATE* Part II July 12th, 2011
After resting as much as possible and dutifully taking my mediation and getting a strict lecture every time I stand on my own to walk a few steps, I am seeing improvement in my knees!

I'm also seeing my entire summer project team coming alongside me as I'd never expected! I'm still in the midst of learning a lesson for the summer but what I have so far is this:
     --> It's ok to let go of my pride and just ask for help.

For the past five years, I have been the one pushing wheelchairs, drying hair, cleaning houses, fetching pills, whipping up meal plans, dropping anything I've been in the middle of so I can go help someone with something. The people and the place is always changing, but that had been my life's description since high school graduation.

While I'm still not too fond of being at the mercy of whoever is pushing my wheelchair, God had been working in me to show me that I need the Body of Christ to help me. I am not meant to labor on my own and end up ruining myself.
None of us are.

In short [although it may be too late for that by now], my body is healing, my soul is being blessed, and I am still certain that God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment