Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Memories and Lessons

I keep waking up every day with the expectation that I can just walk outside my cabin door to eat breakfast with 80 of my closest friends and go do things around Lake Tahoe all day:
  - perch on benches
  - try to learn how to swing dance
  - get diabetes from Camp Rich
  - pray that the bear chasing me is vegan
  - learn about building up believers
  - lay out at Pope Beach
  - go to work in the mountains
  - tell people about God all the time

I never thought I'd be missing that bottom bunk either!
I miss being there so much! 
I miss being able to talk with anyone about anything! 
I miss late night drives and dance parties! 
I miss singing and dancing around Tallac Village just because I could! 
I miss staying up late to watch weird youtube videos and clutching peoples hands when I got scared! 
I miss Denny's runs! 
I miss the drive up to Sierra Pines! 
I miss sitting under the table at the laundromat, waiting for my clothes to be done! 
I miss being able to hug anyone at anytime just because I felt like it! 
I miss giving backrubs! 
I miss teaching people how to give backrubs! 
I miss star-tripping! 
I miss walking to Pope! 
I miss my life-group!
I miss my co-workers! 
I miss my LTSP'10 people that I have so many inside jokes with! 

I have learned so much this summer and I know I'm capable of bringing others up in Him! I have learned to trust Him and not to rely on others. I have become great friends with the idea of going out and sharing what I know!

I am on my way to becoming the Woman that my God desires me to be ...

But there is still a part of me the longs and aches to be back in that place of growth, love and respect. It was such a huge part of my walk with Him and I gained so many valuable tools to help me be an effective Christian. I have so much to look forward to and so much to do. I can't accomplish anything if I'm starring in the rear view mirror.

God has great plans for me and my school this year! Not only this year, but every day of my life! 

I will always hold Lake Tahoe Summer Project 2010 close to my heart as I take the next step in my journey with Him.

"My friends may you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior.
My friends may you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

To God be the glory, now and forever, now and forever, Amen.
To God be the glory, now and forever, now and forever, Amen.

I pray tonight as we learn from one another, may we glorify Him.
And if the Lord should bring us back together, may we be in His arms til then.

To God be the glory, now and forever, now and forever, Amen.
To God be the glory, now and forever, now and forever, Amen."

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you. May He go before you to lead you, above you to watch over you, beside you to befriend you, behind you to guard you, beneath you to keep you from falling and within you to give you His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment